August 5, 2014

Stretch your stamps 2 Day One

I had so much fun today tying out the new techniques I learned on the online card class I took. I especially loved the techniques I learned from Kristina Werner and Shari Carroll. I really feel my card making creativity elevate. I was going through a slump in creativity and this class has really helped. Here are my 2 creations. The first one I made is based on the tutorial from Shari Carroll who I love. I watch her color coordinates videos and wait for her Friday posts. She's awesome.





I first took my distress inks in picked raspberry, mowed lawn and peacock feathers and created a square of colors on my craft sheet. Then I spritzed it with my water spritzer the I put my stamp face down in the ink and then put it face down on my water color paper. I made several before I was happy with the result. WHAT DO YA THINK???????


Here's another angle




Isn't it pretty????

The second card is from the Kristina Werner tutorial. I love her and think she's so talented. Anyway we had to take a background stamp and emboss and headset it with white embossing powder. Then we did all these fun watercoloring techniques and were encouraged house the background as pieces of other cards so without further ado….



I die cut the "balloons" and tied the strings onto a happy Simon Says Stamp die cut and then embossed
"for you both" from the "happy stamp set" and applied ranger red embossing powder and heat set it.

Here's another angle…


I watercolored the background before I cut out the balloons several times to get that effect.


I had the best time making these two cards. Will keep you guys posted. 

XOXO
Beth



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I appreciate the feedback : )

      Delete
  2. Love the Balloon card! Just got this stamp and can't wait to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much had a lot of fun making this.

    ReplyDelete

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge-Color Coordinates

Today’s Simon Says Stamp Challenge was based on Shari Carroll’s color coordinates look here  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge . So I p...