August 5, 2014

Ombre Background Stamp with Watercolors


Hello it’s Beth and I’m a bit behind in my posts but hey I had to make dinner, give my daughter Julia a little attention and feed the dog but I am back and ready to go. If you are wondering I made the yummiest meatloaf which originated with my grandmother but I tweaked the recipe because she has a heavy hand when it comes to the garlic. Whee did that come from??That’s my brain. It goes from cards to oh where’s Julia and where’s Isabella (oh yes she is at camp for 7 weeks) but its so crazy the way my brain wanders. I guess that’s why I have unfinished cards all over my house. OK so here’s the card……. 


Here’s one of the cards I made from Day 2.
It was a technique using ombre distress ink. I kinda had a hard time doing it. The instructor obviously made it look effortless but you should see what my workspace and my supplies and everything look like before, during and after my card making. TORNADO!!!!!

Here is it:


And a side view



DIRECTIONS:

OK so I took Tim Holtz distress watercolor paper and started with a peacock feathers distress marker and then took a salty ocean marker and sprayed some water between them  and then wiped a little off and took a squeezed lemonade marker and applied the color to the end third of the card and misted again with Ranger mister. Again I gave it a quick wipe. Used a Tim Holz sentiment in keeping with the whole Tim Hotz parade and platinum embossed the sentiment on to  Neenah white card stock and since I didn’t have yellow paper to back this onto to give it contrast I decided to take squeezed lemonade distress stain and then versamarked it and then clear embossed it to make the yellow paper.That was problem solving don’t ya think?

I LOVE MAKING CARDS!!!!!FUN FUN FUN

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY

XOXO
BETH

2 comments:

  1. it is very beautiful - I always create in the middle of a tornado strewn crafting area.

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge-Color Coordinates

Today’s Simon Says Stamp Challenge was based on Shari Carroll’s color coordinates look here  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge . So I p...