September 16, 2014

Water Color Bat Mitzvah Cards you will feel proud to give.

The last couple of days I have been a card making maniac. I am really enjoying the watercolor class I’m taking from Jennifer Mcguire’s Online Card Classes and since then I have been banging out cards non stop. I can’t wait to take the Copic Marker Class which starts soon. I just ordered a set of Copics from Amazon but to be completely frank I really am having some reservations because lately some of the craft supplies I have bought from them have been less than satisfactory. I have ordered some Hero Arts Inks that were completely dried out and the particular company that seems to have most of what I need has been really poorly handling my feedback. In short I get no response from them. Then I had to order reinkers for the dried out ones and they came cracked in the box. Can you just believe? No bubble wrap on a glass jar. So now I have distress inks with no reinkers and hero arts dried up shadow inks with the wrong colored reinkers. I bought them on Amazon instead of Simon Says Stamp who I love and trust because honestly the Amazon price of just around 300$ you can’t beat. Simon Says Stamp has them for 500$ and change. But here's my dilemma…..I am probably not better off going to SSS because the markers will be juicy and in good condition but I feel for the price. Anyway that’s that and now for the beautiful card I made for various special people in my life. This card is a Bat Mitzvah card. I am Jewish. My daughters go to a lot of Bat Mitzvahs and the cards that are out there are much to be desired.  I needed to take care of that problem and what better way then to have people buy my cars for such a special occasion. So without  further ado here’s my beauty.






It’s hard to see the pretty rhinestones but they are there. I love this card and I’m selling them at various card shops in my area who have a lack of pretty Bat/Bar Mitzvah cards. For your information a girls is a BAT mitzvah and a boys is a BAR mitzvah. 

So now that I have that one done I am heading back to the shop to get try my hand at some of the other techniques Ive learned. Besides using the techniques the classes do something and sparks my creativity so I make tons of great cards from one lesson. It’s so fabulous it’s my second class and I can’t recommend them enough. It’s like they are all so fantastic sounding which one should I choose. 

TECHNIQUE
Tape off a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor paper with a one inch or so border of blue tape to your craft sheet. Wait before that you have to white heat emboss the message centered. Then do the taping I said above. Then I took 3 colors of mini distress inks, picked raspberry, shaded lilac and spun sugar and applied each of them using each ink pad as my tool.I made 3 horizontal stripes but left a little space between each color. Then I took my Ranger mini water spritzer and voila I had magic. I then applied it to Neenah solar white 110 lb card stock and then applied that to bubble gum bazzill card stock with my 1 inch foam tape which is my new love. The bubble gum Bazzill card stock may be my fav. Love how thick and sturdy it is. Thanks my friends!

Materials
Neenah Solar White Cars Stock
Avery Elle Alphabet Stamps (louie)
Distress Inks in picked raspberry, spun sugar and shaded lilac
Blue painters tape
Bazzill Pink Lemonade card stock
Theres Collins tape runner(my fav)
Judikins Embossing Powder in Opaque White



LOVE,
Beth
XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge-Color Coordinates

Today’s Simon Says Stamp Challenge was based on Shari Carroll’s color coordinates look here  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge . So I p...